AAPOS App on i-tunes
*THIS APP CANNOT BE PURCHASED ON THIS SITE*
The AAPOS** App from Good-Lite allows you to conduct visual acuity screening with your iPad or other android devices for preschoolers beginning at age 3 years, adolescents, and adults.
- Optotypes presented in single lines of 5 optotypes in a crowding rectangle for critical line screening and full ETDRS, charts for threshold screening.
- Screens for both near and far distance visual acuity.
- Optotypes include HOTV letters for children ages 3 years and older and Sloan Letter for children when they know their letters in random order (~age 6 or 7 years), adolescents, and adults.
- A “refresh chart” option to change charts during monocular screening to prevent optotype memorization.
- 20-foot equivalency for far screening at 10 feet (e.g., 10/10 reported as 20/20),
- 6-meter equivalency for far screening at 3 meters,
- 20-foot equivalency for near screening at 16 inches,
- 6-meter equivalency for near screening at 40.64cm,
- Decimal, and
- Actual letter size in meters.
- Age 3 years: Correctly identifying 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/50 line.
- Age 4 years: Correctly identifying 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/40 line.
- Ages 5 years and older: Correctly identifying 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/32 line.
**AAPOS = American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
Available for iPad from the App Store!