AAPOS Supplemental Screening Kit130
The American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (AAPOS) is offering a supplemental basic screening kit to assist anyone who screens vision, including school nurses, Lions Club members, Head Start, and medical personnel working in pediatrics and family medicine.
The AAPOS Vision Screening Kit: Supplemental Screening Package is for What Ages?
The AAPOS Vision Screening Kit: Supplemental Screening Package is for screening the vision of individuals beginning at age 3 through adulthood.
What is in the Kit?
- Spiral-bound, multisided, near-eye charts with an attached 16-inch cord.
- Sloan Letters for when children know their letters.
- LEA SYMBOLS® for preschoolers and for children who do not yet know their letters.
- Full-Line Threshold and Single-Line Critical Line formats:
- Threshold screening involves beginning at the top of an eye chart and moving down the chart until the child or adult misses 3 of 5 optotypes.
- Critical line screening is using only the line which the child or adult should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes according to age.
- Children ages 3 and 4 years should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/40 line.
- Children aged 5 years and older, and adults, should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/32 line.
- Black hand-held flip paddle occluder for children aged 10 and older and adults who will not tolerate Patches.
- Flip-Up Occluder Glasses for children under age 10 years who will not tolerate Patches.
- Random Dot Butterfly stereopsis test with intermediate-sized Polarized.
- 16-Plate pseudoisochromatic Color Vision, test.
- Instructions printed on eye chart card.
More information can be found at American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.
Click here for the technical bulletin.
Click here for the 130 Answer Key.
LEA SYMBOLS®: The Gold Standard
NASN Vision Screening Video - English